NAMI San Diego Presents the Career Pathways in Behavioral Health Training Program
NAMI San Diego and Imperial Counties presents the Career Pathways 2.0 Peer and Family Support Specialist Training – a 40-hour FREE online behavioral health training program with career planning assistance open to San Diego County and Imperial County residents to prepare to work/volunteer in public mental health.
Would you like to use your personal lived experience of mental health or substance use recovery to help others? Are you a family member with lived experience of helping a loved one with their journey of mental health or substance use recovery? Would you like to use your lived experience to work/volunteer as a Peer or Family Member in the Behavioral Health Field? Are you working as a Peer/Family Specialist or Family Youth Partner and want to enhance your knowledge and learn special skills for your position? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this training may be a good fit for you!
The Career Pathways 2.0 training topics include:
• The Role of Peers & Family Members
• Person First Language
• Concepts of Hope, Wellness, & Recovery
• Cultural Competency & Humility
• Trauma Informed Care
• Self-Awareness & Self-Care
• Mental Health & Co-occurring Conditions
• Rehabilitation & Recovery
• Written Communication, Documentation Standards, & Confidentiality
• Professional Boundaries: Ethics & HIPAA
• Group Facilitation Skills
• Conflict Resolution & Communication
• Safety, Crisis Planning, & Suicide Prevention
• Advocacy & Equity
• Resource Navigation & Referral
• Problem Solving
• Preparation for Employment Opportunities
Training Cohort Details
• 16 classes – live attendance required
• Cost: FREE
• Location: Online (through Zoom)
• Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays*
• Time: 5:30-8:00 pm (including break) *
• Curriculum supports activities toward SB803 State Certification. Be advised, this training is not
the same as State Certification.
• 6 months of follow-up support and career placement assistance
*Days/times subject to change
You must meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the training:
• Live with a mental health and/or substance use condition, or have a loved one living with either
of these conditions
• be 18 years or older
• Reside in San Diego or Imperial County
• Have an Internet connected devise (laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone) with which you can
see, hear, and speak
Training Start Dates
Cohort E – August 9, 2022
Cohort F – October 13, 2022**
Space in each cohort is limited!
**Dates subject to change.
Please click the following “Interest Form” button to complete and submit a form in order to be added to the training interest list. Completing the Interest Form is NOT equal to registration. After your form is received and reviewed, further registration information will be provided so please be on the lookout for an email or call from the Career Pathways team.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.