NAMI San Diego Presents the Career Pathways in Behavioral Health Training Program
Would you like to use your personal “lived experience” with yourself or a family member living with mental illness to help others? Are you working as a Peer/Family Specialist or Family Youth Partner and want to enhance your knowledge and learn special skills for your position? Would you like to use that lived experience in the Behavioral Health Field?
NAMI San Diego is excited to offer a Free Live Webinar Training Course and Career Planning Assistance.
The Career Pathways 2.0 training topics include:
• The Role of Peers & Family Members
• Person First Language
• Concepts of Hope, Wellness, & Recovery
• Cultural Competency & Humility
• Trauma Informed Care
• Self-Awareness & Self-Care
• Mental Health & Co-occurring Conditions
• Rehabilitation & Recovery
• Written Communication, Documentation Standards, & Confidentiality
• Professional Boundaries: Ethics & HIPAA
• Group Facilitation Skills
• Conflict Resolution & Communication
• Safety, Crisis Planning, & Suicide Prevention
• Advocacy & Equity
• Resource Navigation & Referral
• Problem Solving
• Preparation for Employment Opportunities
Training Cohort Details
• 16 classes – live attendance required
• Cost: FREE
• Location: Online (through Zoom)
• Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays*
• Time: 5:30-8:30 pm (including breaks)*
• Curriculum supports activities toward SB803 State Certification. Be advised, this training is not
the same as State Certification.
• 6 months of follow-up support and career placement assistance
*Days/times subject to change
You must meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the training:
• Live with a mental health and/or substance use condition, or have a loved one living with either
of these conditions
• 18 years or older
• Reside in San Diego or Imperial County
• Have an Internet connected devise (laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone) with which you can
see, hear, and speak
Training Start Dates
Cohort B – January 6, 2022 (Thursday)
Cohort C – March 10, 2022 (Thursday)**
Cohort D – May 10, 2022 (Tuesday)**
Space in each cohort is limited!
**Dates subject to change.
Please click the following “Interest Form” button to complete and submit a form in order to be added to
the training interest list. Completing the Interest Form is NOT equal to registration. After your form is
received and reviewed, further registration information will be provided so please be on the lookout for
an email or call from the Career Pathways team.
Program funded by (OSHPD) Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development