Follow these easy steps to join a NAMI San Diego Support Group through your internet connected device:
- Begin with the NAMI San Diego calendar (under the yellow text box below which explains privacy during online support groups.)
- Scroll down to the calendar and find the day and meeting you are interested in.
- Click on the meeting you wish to attend and a page with a meeting description, time, and date will pop up. Make sure this is the correct meeting you are interested in attending.
Registering is free & easy, with one click!
- On the page that popped up in step 3, under “You are invited to a Zoom meeting. Register in advance for this meeting:” Find the link which is a long web address that begins with https://zoom.us/meeting
- Click this long link for the Registration Page where you fill out necessary information. Remember to hit the blue REGISTER button when you are done. (If, when you click on the link and it does not appear “live,” copy and paste it into your browser to continue).
- Once you complete and submit the Registration Page from step 5, you will immediately receive a MEETING REGISTARTION APPROVED message that contains the direct URL to join the meeting. Bookmark this page because you will need this URL to get into the meeting on the designated day and time.
- When the day comes for meeting you will receive an email reminder to join the meeting with a link to get you directly to the meeting.
If you don’t see a class that meets your needs, please fill out a program interest form and someone will contact you: Fill out Program Interest Form.
As we continue to navigate our world in the midst of the COVID-19 Stay Home directives, we want to continue to provide you with resources for maintaining our own mental health during this time of isolation. NAMI San Diego has migrated the bulk of our support group calendar to Online meetings using the Zoom platform. Please check the NAMI calendar below for education opportunities. Please stay home and stay safe, friends.
You may have heard in recent news articles about concerns regarding the security of the ZOOM platform for meetings. Please be assured that this is something that NAMI San Diego takes very seriously. We NEVER record our meetings which would make us vulnerable to viewing on the cloud (with the exception of Wellness Wednesday sessions held the third Wednesday of each month. Wellness Wednesdays are recorded in order to be publicly viewed in the future). As a Host we are able to mute and remove any individual in the group who fails to comply with our NAMI Support Guidelines. Among the precautions that we take are the following:
- Only the Host can control chat access
- Only the Host can screen share
- If necessary, the Host can exclusively control the mute function
- The Host has the ability to remove an individual from the ZOOM meeting
If at any time you are uncomfortable during a ZOOM meeting you have the ability to turn off your camera, or leave the meeting.
Thank you for connecting with NAMI San Diego. Please remember: You are NOT Alone.