Title: Operations Manager
Accountable to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervisory Responsibility: Operations Associate and IT Administrator Primary Purpose: Enhance organizational effectiveness by providing day to day support to the NAMI SD Executive Team to include front office management, contract support, accounting support and all administrative support duties as identified by the Executive Team.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations systems.
- Document company procedures, provide suggestions for process improvements
- Train and implement staff on company policies procedures and processes.
- Responsible for the comprehensive NAMI San Diego Emergency Action Plan. This includes updating, monitoring, reporting and training of all NAMI San Diego personnel.
- Facilitate on-site employee trainings for technology, first aid, CPR/AED Scenario Practice and other trainings related to safety at the workplace.
- Oversee operations of all NAMI San Diego office equipment by ensuring the completion of preventative maintenance requirements, purchasing and maintaining of inventory records.
- Report all department assets to government Contracting Officer Representative annually.
- Maintain information about potential issue with operation and report to COO for planning.
- Serve as a liaison between the assigned government Contracting Officer Representative and subcontractors to ensure signed completion of subcontract agreements and addendums, certificates of insurance, additionally monitoring and reporting subcontract status to COO.
- Point of contact and responsible for tracking company insurance policies
- Provide oversight and direction to vendors to ensure adherence to organization’s standards and requirements.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with vendors.
- Manage, administer, and guide product and service vendors in an organized way to optimize quality, time, risk, and price.
- Ensure that vendors deliver solutions that bring favorable business outcomes.
- Maintain excellent, accurate, and timely communications during the project lifecycle.
- Provide ‘project task management” on additional projects
- Oversee implementation of technology and business software implementation projects, hardware upgrades and installations
- Facilities expansion/reduction, including office moves
- Manage other projects as identified by COO with Executive/Directors Team oversight.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Provide front desk services: answering phone calls and routing. Greet and assist guests.
- Provide support services to departments and organization including but not limited to research and analysis, mailings and mailing preparations, managing materials and office upkeep, and provide support for CEO, COO and CFO.
- Responsible for responding to and routing of email to the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org addresses.
- Submit and track Office Supply and Equipment purchases
- Oversee the daily Cash/Check Receipts Journal recording all cash, check, and credit card receivables and other duties performed by Operation Associate.
- Ensure that cash and checks are promptly recorded, deposited, and reconciled with the accounting department following proper accounting procedures.
- Ensure the proper identification and recording all restricted and unrestricted donations within the daily Cash/Check Receipt system as performed by Operations Associate.
- File all relevant documentation in a systematic and consistent manner.
- Ensures that credit card purchases are pre-approved by organization management.
- Assist in monthly County billings and invoice reviews by pulling and copying contractually required documentation.
- Assign to Operation Associate as workload dictates.
- Responsible for all technologies including infrastructure, service management issues, regarding problems, projects and upgrades
- Manage IT Administrator
- Track technology trends and best practices to steer suitable solutions and meet business needs.
- Manage interface with hosted PBX phone system. Provide staff training and insure Operations Associate has adequate training to perform function, as well.
- Initiate background checks and DMV Record Pulls for identified employee candidates and annually for identified for employees. Operations Associate provides back up for this function.
- Research, provide analysis and recommendation for new background check vendor
- Post jobs openings on company website, and other job boards. Research and ensure that postings are listed on trending and appropriate job boards.
- Coordinate company’s wellness program and activities, including calendaring events, writing and distributing monthly employee electronic news and other time sensitive notification to employees.
- Assist with administration of Workers’ Compensation and employee Leave of Absences
- Coordinate, develop, write, publish, and distribute bi-monthly Staff Newsletter
FUNDRAISING & EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and coordination for fundraising events as identified by the COO and in partnership with the Development Manager. Develop with team task management tools for team advancement.
- Create and maintain events data management system with a user-friendly integrated application, to support the streamlining the event management process.
- In collaboration with the Development Manager, serve, as “project task manager” to organize all pre-event planning including: timelines, task lists, amenities, vendors, insurance, staffing, committees, licenses, donation solicitation and tasks for the team.
- Manage, document, track, and process event receivables, including sponsorships, pledges, in-kind donations, and event tickets in collaboration with the Development Manager.
- Manage invitations, guest lists, RSVP notifications, and registration in collaboration with the Development Manager.
- Coordinate, develop, write, publish, and distribute monthly newsletter and e-newsletter in collaboration with news staff team including assignment of specific activities to Operations Associate.
- Create and maintain email distribution lists in Constant Contact.
GIFT ENTRY & DONOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Manage and oversee entry procedure in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to NAMI San Diego’s 48-hour turnaround receipting/acknowledgment practice.
- Oversee accurate donor records and data system entry provided by volunteers and Operations Associate.
- Create, develop, maintain, and generate reports for Executive Office, and other departments, as needed from applicable NAMI San Diego information systems.
MEMBERSHIP & DATA MANAGEMENT
- Respond to new and current member inquiries
- Oversee the entry of new members into the Membership database as provided by Operations Associate
- Routing emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duties as assigned by COO, CEO, or NAMI Employees
OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field or 5-10 years of related experience
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Understanding of general accounting and office operations
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Excellent communication skills
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com