NEW CLASS! NAMI Basics for Parents and Caregivers!
At NAMI Basics, you’ll find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope. The group setting of NAMI Basics provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You also can help others with your own experience.
NAMI Basics covers:
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
*PLEASE NOTE: This class runs for 6 consecutive weeks and participants are asked to attend EACH class, as course material and learning builds upon each week’s lessons. To sign up for an upcoming class, follow the links below to sign up directly on Eventbrite. If you have additional questions, please email CYFLiaison@namisd.org OR call/text (858) 987-2980.