POSITION TITLE: Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Research Specialist- Child Youth Family Liaison
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Research Specialist will work on the NAMI San Diego Children, Youth and Families Liaison technology team and their main task will be to research the Substance Use Disorder recourses, treatment programs, Crisis intervention services, and harm reduction techniques in San Diego county to developed an enhancement for NAMI San Diego’s oscER App platform. The ideal candidate is able to research and sensitize information in order to produce user friendly materials for individuals and family members of those with Severe Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorders and be able to facilitate focus groups for consumers as well as present on their findings to peers, consumers, and service providers. This position will be primarily remote and will need a lot of on-line collaboration with team mates in order to meet deliverables. Ideal candidate can work well on a team as well as able to self-motivate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To research and develop a user-friendly educational resource to be synthesized into APP format for San Diego County that includes, but is not limited to: Education on SUD recourses, harm reduction, detox programs, Sober living programs, MAT treatment, Support groups/meetings, crisis intervention services, SUD treatment programs and assistance in navigating the SUD system.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in order to affectively be the point of contact with multiple teams across NAMI San Diego to get focus group participants, work with CYFL apps team collaboratively on an on-line platform, and represent NAMI San Diego professionally in presentations.
- Willingness to do outreach to conduct and collect both resources and feedback regarding SUD in BHS in Sand Diego County
- Design and facilitate focus groups across all sectors and collect feedback regarding new/additional content from focus groups to be added in this enhancement
- Ability to present information to public groups on and on-line platform and will take lead SUD presentation for the oscER and oscER Jr. App
- Comfortable with conducting beta testing on our apps/web platforms (including running focus groups for Beta Testing)
- Ability to maintain timeline and complete goals by deadline
- Maintain necessary documentation (ie – surveys, signs ins, weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, mileage, etc)
- Ability to type using computer is essential with competency using Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and ages in a trauma informed manner
Accountability: Substance Use Disorder Research Specialist reports to the Director of Community Development
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with SUD, SMI, co-occurring disorders and/or individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Prefer lived expertise in mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Bachelor’s degree in human services is required, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Microsoft 360, Excel.
- Proficiency in social media, and multiple digital platforms newsletter, brochure and flyer skills a plus.
- Familiarity working with a tech company
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Any experience with HTML/Coding with be a plus
- Fluency in English required; Bi-lingual in English and one of the following threshold languages highly desirable: Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, Tagalog, or Vietnamese.
Temporary Full-time 32-38 Hours per week from April 1st 2021 to December 30th 2021
Hourly Salary Range: $16.67 per hour
COVID protocol and work environments: As an essential worker providing either telehealth or in-person services, successful candidates will fallow CDC guidelines, state guidelines, and local mandates for COVID-19 prevention.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com