POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Carlsbad, California
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the NAMI San Diego employee team and functions as liaison with the prime contractor of the program. The non-congregate shelter program is held in a converted hotel and allows each participant their own unit while transitioning to dignified and stable housing in the community. Participants in the shelter will be adults and older adults who are experiencing homelessness. This position will also be responsible for critical time interventions, assessments, de-escalations and referrals for crisis responses.
The Program Manager will coordinate staffing work schedules, and provide coverage, as needed. The Program Manager will provide supervision and support for the NAMI San Diego Wellness Navigators and Wellness Educator to ensure deliverable compliance and all services as required. The Program Manger will work in conjunction with the Community Development Director to manage operations budget according to contract obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee data collection in HMIS/Clarity or related data systems, and ensures timely deliverable compliance.
- Oversee participant files with coordination from Wellness Navigators.
- Create and implementation of internal documents to be used as universal standards in the program.
- Supervise staff and provides critical time interventions and follow up support to staff and participants alike.
- Demonstrates strong boundaries, de-escalation techniques and crisis response situations.
- Assist Wellness Educator with strengthening community bonds alongside program participants through developing opportunities for collaboration and volunteerism.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and time sheet management.
- Assist and approve weekly/ bi weekly one page Newsletter to inform participants of upcoming events, resources and groups.
- Provide oversight to all NAMI staff and programing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Range of Authority: The Program Manager will report to the Community Development Director
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the filed of adult mental illness, substance use disorders and, co-occurring disorders and individuals experiencing homelessness, preferred.
- Must be willing and able to drive personal car, and have a valid California Driver’s License and insurance as required by law.
- Must have satisfactory driving record, and provide authorization to enroll in the Department of Motor Vehicles’ Employee Pull Notice Program. By participating in this program, NAMI San Diego promotes driver safety through monitory of employee driving records.
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Microsoft 360, Excel.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Spanish or other threshold language a plus.
- Prefer lived mental health experience for self or family member
Temporary/Full-time – 40 Hours per week 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org