POSITION TITLE: Outreach Programs Manager
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Outreach Programs Manager is responsible for coordinating the growth, sustainability, relevancy and accountability of the NAMI San Diego programs In Our Own Voice (IOOV), Friends in the Lobby (FIL), and Journey 2 Recover (J2R), in addition to overseeing community outreach and engagement, Helpline, and the agency Volunteer Program, including support of Service Enterprise. Works in concert with the Community Development Director and all NAMI San Diego Managers to ensure the integrity and accountability of community programs and relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Friends in the Lobby (FIL) program, Resource Fairs, staff and volunteers and IOOV and Journey 2 Recovery presenters within all areas of contract compliance and per annual plan; Responsible for monthly status reports and quarterly contract reports.
- Screens, trains, coordinates and supervises, volunteers for Friends in the Lobby, and Rady’s Children Outreach Program; Supports recruitment and management of IOOV and J2R presenters.
- Coordinates Volunteer orientations, trainings, placements, and tracking; develops structures and processes for NAMI San Diego volunteer management and tracking (Vulgistics), conducts monthly volunteer communication and annual volunteer appreciation.
- Oversees logistics and assignments of Resource Fairs NAMI San Diego attends.
- Networking with intent to expand programs in Behavioral Health Hospitals and Emergency Departments.
- Oversees Education and Advocacy meetings in San Diego once per month.
- Works closely with NAMI Staff and volunteers in Oceanside and North Inland; assists with coordination of Education and Advocacy meeting in Oceanside once per month.
- Maintains necessary documentations, i.e. volunteer applications, mileage, etc., creates and or modifies forms as needed.
- Participates in community relations efforts, including but not limited to supporting and assisting the development and execution of major NAMI San Diego events in order to meet community awareness goals.
- Communicates effectively with community leaders to grow and support programs.
- Provides regular supervision, mentoring, team building, support, and reviews.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Community Development Director and works collaboratively with other department heads.
- Contributes to creating a stigma-free, recovery positive, person-centered, trauma-informed and culturally competent professional presence in the San Diego community at large.
- Increases job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, as required.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Experience as a mental health care consumer for self or family member strongly preferred.
- A strong positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred (Social Work, Psychology, Community, Education,) or clearly demonstrated equivalent work experience in the field.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and motivate volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills and monitoring details focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations plus the ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential and be discrete.
- Willingness to support NAMI San Diego’s Mission and Values.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Ability to present information to public groups.
- Ability to type using computer is essential with competency using Microsoft Office programs, social media experience a plus.
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting.
- Environment with diverse populations routinely coming in for workshops or training.
- Periodic lifting up to 15 pounds is required.
- Ability to work in hospital lobby environments.
- Occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Community and office setting will be in more than one location. Regional travel required.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.