POSITION TITLE: NAMI San Diego Wellness Coordinator
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Wellness Coordinator will provide leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of the NAMI San Diego companywide employee wellness program. The wellness program will model the values of NAMI San Diego including those identified by the NAMI San Diego IDEA (Inclusion Diversity Education Advisory) team.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Coordinator, the Wellness Coordinator will survey employees annually, implement, evaluate and revise outcome based wellness plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads a comprehensive employee wellness plan.
- Documents, coordinates, plans, promotes and facilitates wellness activities by offering NAMI SD wellness activities to employees and encouraging employees to participate.
- Plans and implements speakers, classes, seminars, and other wellness activities (including promoting to employees of NAMISD, community offered activities such as Wellness Wednesdays virtual events, State Fund virtual trainings, classes, etc.) in line with Annual NAMI SD Wellness Plan to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Leverages resources and relationships in the community to promote employee wellness as an overall part of the wellness plan.
- Develops and promotes Wellness participation throughout NAMI San Diego employee locations.
- Effectively communicates upcoming events and the promotion of wellness to all NAMI San Diego employees.
- Recruits and facilitates Employee Wellness Committee, made up of at least one employee/NAMI SD site, to facilitate participation in wellness activities by employees at each NAMI SD site.
- Assists the COO and HR Coordinator in the development of an annual budget, policies and procedures relevant to the operation of wellness program.
- Compiles monthly statistical summaries of participant data, class/training/activity attendance and equipment inventories, if any, to ensure proper detailed program evaluation.
- Provides education presentation and trainings as the Wellness Coordinator, when appropriate.
- Other duties as required as special short term projects may include but not limited to writing, editing and proofing of organizational materials.
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Human Resources Payroll Coordinator.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with people throughout the organization and outside organizations.
- Able to implement programs that comply with Drug and Tobacco Free workplace requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related field experience required.
- Experience in wellness program development.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel) and web navigation.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must be willing and able to drive personal car, and have valid California Driver’s License and comprehensive automobile insurance as required by law.
- Must have satisfactory driving record, and provide authorization to enroll in the Department of Motor Vehicles’ Employee Pull Notice Program. By participating in this program, NAMI San Diego promotes driver safety through monitoring the driving records of its employees.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. This is a remote capable position.
Salary: $20.00 hourly Part time (up to 10 hours/week)
Position begins 7/5/2021
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org