POSITION TITLE: Lead Clinician/Educator for Employee Wellness Program – Healthcare Institution
*Must be Currently Licensed in the State of California: Licensed MFT (LMFT), LCSW, LPPC, or Licensed Psychologist
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: As a part of NAMI San Diego’s extended reach, the Lead Clinical Professional will oversee and be a part of the primary clinical team for a portion of an Employee Wellness Program responsible for an Employee Email Support Line providing standardized assessment, counseling and when indicated referral, monthly educational classes, and weekly employee support groups to employees of a large health institution in San Diego County. The Support Email, classes, and support groups are advertised as a part of the healthcare institution’s Employee Wellness Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives employee telephone call directly and will return call no later than within 24 hours M-F, and calls received F afternoon will return calls on Monday.
- Will maintain mental and behavioral health for all employee callers to include name, phone number, email address (if provided), address of where they are calling from and brief assessment results. In addition, maintain documentation of counseling sessions, interventions, referrals and approximate hours provided.
- Provide counseling to employee callers where it is warranted and referral after a maximum of 3 sessions.
- Identify employee callers with urgent mental health conditions (ie; suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, etc) and make appropriate referrals including to 911.
- Prepare and provide to NAMI San Diego monthly productivity reports for entire Helpline team.
- Prepare monthly quality improvement reports.
- Provides and or oversees weekly virtual support group.
- Provide and or oversees one monthly virtual training on mental health topics provided by NAMI San Diego and or healthcare institution.
- Participate in quality review with periodic collaborative meeting with NAMI San Diego and the healthcare institution.
- Participate in periodic NAMI San Diego all virtual staff meetings.
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and proficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Accountability: Reports to Hospital Programs Department Director at the worksite.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines especially related to mandatory reporting
- Follow and maintain license criteria
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
- Skill providing professional counseling in accordance of licensing standards of care; excellent customer service and support skills.
- Must be organized and have ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to successfully assess, counsel and or refer appropriately.
- Interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and professional backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others; demonstrate positive/proactive attitude; to consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality community service or fair standards, inclusively among all employees and volunteers of NAMI San Diego, our collaborative healthcare institution partner and the public at large.
- Always be flexible with shift priorities and maintain confidentiality.
- Work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Follow and understand the mission and goals of NAMI San Diego and the project.
- Be available to accept new assignments as needed.
- Ability to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or any member of the management team including Department Directors, CEO, CFO, CDO, and COO.
- Must be computer and smart phone literate including use and management of virtual platforms including TEAMS in Microsoft 365 and Zoom.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. A second language in addition is preferred.
- Must be licensed clinician in the State of California.
- Valid California Drivers License and submit to DMV background.
- Must pass qualification of a criminal background check as required by County of San Diego.
- Must be willing to work from home/or other site other than NAMI San Diego office space.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. Remote position. COVID-19 Vaccine required for employment.
Salary: $36.00-$38.50 hourly Full time (40 hours/week) Part time also available
Position begins 10/1/2021
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org