Job Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
The Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s human resources administration, and payroll processing, reporting functions. Responsibilities include recruitment and onboarding of new employees, employee relations, benefits administration, recordkeeping, policies and procedures development & maintenance, compensation analysis, performance management administration, workers’ compensation administration, timesheet maintenance, payroll processing and reporting, provide support to directors and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Duties and Function:
- Recruitment – Place employment ads, and maintain the applicant tracking database. Coordinate with Hiring Team Lead, the hiring timeline including interview schedules when applicable, administer background screenings for all prospective employees, coordinate job offers with Hiring Team Lead, prepare and send offer letters, process declined applicant letters, maintain and release applications and resumes per guidelines. Work collaboratively with Hiring Team Leads and Operations Manager throughout process.
- Coordinate the new hire and employee orientation program to foster a positive attitude towards agency’s goal and mission. Schedule, provide and complete with employee the following:
- New hire packet paperwork, new employee orientation program
- Provide explanation of company insurance, sick, vacation, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Provide orientation and support with enrollment online for: timekeeping system, company benefits, 403b plan and site navigation and features. Update employee to company roster.
- Set up and enter all new hire employee information into the HR/payroll software system.
- Establish and maintain employee personnel files, wage files and information in accordance with best practices records retention policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance. Develop and maintain job descriptions according to standard formats. Maintain accurate employee database including pay, benefits eligibility, workers compensation, leave of absences, medical, sick, vacation, FMLA, etc.
- Coordination of employee benefits eligibility, open enrollment, and education for related benefits. Provide benefits presentation. Coordinate and oversight of annual benefits policies coverage review and contracting process.
- HR Policies – Implementation of HR policies and procedures. Assist with maintenance, recommended updates of employee handbook.
- Maintain, prepare and process workers’ compensation incident reports, summary, annual reporting and annual workers’ compensation audit.
- Prepare and process all documentation for final pay request and employee separation packet documentation.
- Performance Management – track timelines and completion of evaluations; ensure timely follow up of plans for improvement.
Payroll Duties and Function:
- Responsible for all payroll functions to ensure accuracy, timeliness, staff support and legal compliance for the organization.
- Perform, prepare and process the bi-weekly payroll; import time and attendance records into the payroll system, update employee information, generate pay checks and direct deposits.
- Submit payroll files and information accurately and timely to third party payroll processor, submit 403b transfer of funds.
- Maintain and process payroll rate changes, pay adjustments and deduction changes such as insurance contributions, flex benefits, deferred compensation and garnishments.
- Verify, reconcile employee contributions: insurance, 403b, garnishments, flex other deductions. Provide reconciled monthly insurance premiums to Accounts Payable for processing timely.
- Research and resolve payroll and timesheet related issues. Accuracy with calculation of hours and pay including tax withholdings and other payroll deductions. Prepare and process manual pay checks and final pay separation checks.
- Reconcile and post payroll transaction journal entries to General Ledger per payroll.
- Maintain, verify, reconcile wage and payroll monthly, quarterly, annual wage reports, W-2s.
- Month end reconciliation for payroll and deduction balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relations and excellent communications with employees and outside agencies. Provide explanations and information to employee inquiries timely, regarding payroll, payroll deductions, benefits, handbook policies and procedures, time and attendance.
- Organizational reports: Review, Reconcile and Prepare:
- Annual 5500 Filing
- Annual Benefits Census
- Open Enrollment Benefits summaries
- Maintain and provide a variety of statistical sensitive wage-benefits reports
- Worker’s compensation incident and annual summary reports
- Compile and provide information, reports and support with audit activity and requests
- Provide ad hoc reports and information upon request
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, accounting, business or related field, or equivalent.
- Prior human resources experience – 4 years minimum preferred.
- Prior Payroll experience with complex timesheets and allocations – 5 years minimum preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of Payroll Wage & Hour laws
- Ability to work independently; organized with high attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness.
- Ability to proactively resolve issues and concerns.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and required.
Position Hourly Pay rate range: $20 – $24
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com