POSITION TITLE: HOMELESS OUTREACH WORKER– Rachel’s Women’s Center
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Homeless Outreach Worker will provide mobile, street and field-based outreach services in the Central Region of San Diego County.
Utilizing an integrated care approach, the Housing Outreach Worker will provide both outreach/engagement services and brief case management interventions to quickly assess and link female homeless individuals to Rachel’s Women’s Center, where individuals will be offered assistance to accessing services. The Homeless Outreach Worker will work as part of the Rachel’s Woman Center Navigation Team and other service providers to identify homeless trends and work closely with the community to identify solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct mobile/street outreach to develop a trusted relationship, build rapport that will assist homeless individuals with addressing barriers to obtain housing, services and appropriate health care needs.
- Link and provide transportation to homeless individuals to the Rachel’s Woman Center; and educate on services that they qualify for.
- Conduct and complete all necessary documentation to record member progress.
- Meet with active individuals/members to review evaluate, and support completion of their goals.
- Conduct a VI-SPDAT (Vulnerability Index-Service Prioritization Decisions Assistance Tool) on all new members to connect them to the proper intervention and services. Enter results into HMIS in a timely manner.
- Assist the member with benefits establishments, obtaining a birth certificate, social security card, housing referrals, and health related assistance.
- Work collaboratively with local law enforcement and services providers to ensure transition from streets into interim housing is collaborative and meeting members and community’s needs.
- Ensures and oversees mobile navigation vehicle maintenance to manufactures warranty and instructions. Including taking care of regular oil, gas fill-up and mileage logs.
- As advocates for assigned members, will provide case management services and advocacy within the Clubhouse and the community.
- Records and maintains progress for individuals on caseload and documents all instances of service on HMIS.
Range of Authority: The Homeless Outreach Worker for Rachel’s Women’s Center reports to the NAMI San Diego’s Club House Program Manager.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource field and one year of working with homeless, mental illness, substance use disorder or with vulnerable populations.
- Experience in Homeless Outreach
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with Service Point- HMIS and Club HOMS preferred.
- Fluency in English and additional language preferred.
- Preferred lived experience in mental health of self
Full-time – 40 Hours
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org