Position Title: Generalist I
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Generalist’s foundation is building trusting relationships, solving problems, working side by side with members. The Generalist I will assist members with employment, housing, evening and weekend, holiday, and unit responsibilities. The Generalist I shall provide training and coverage on transitional employment job placements and contribute to job development. The Generalist I will work with members on the Work Day Order helping with entitlements, housing, advocacy, promoting healthy lifestyles, as well as assisting in accessing quality medical care, psychological, pharmacological and substance abuse services in the community. The Generalist I will assist with food preparation and nutrition activities so members learn how to shop, prepare, serve and store food at a minimum cost to improve members diet and nutrition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide educational activity on proper diet and nutrition at least once per quarter, presenting food samples and cost per serving.
- Support a Work Day Unit structure.
- Assist with food preparation, shopping and storage of food.
- Shall provide and ensure peer -based educational and supportive recovery services.
- Promote and link effective health and wellness navigation for members to access services
- Promote self-sufficiency by providing educational opportunities for members in programs/services such as: member self-help and advocacy organizations, transit, benefits, housing, money management, emotional and physical health care, cultural, faith based, leisure and recreation.
- Assess for functional needs.
- Coach individuals to become advocates for their own care.
- Assist in enrolling individuals in NAMI San Diego Clubhouse, and assist the new member within 30 days to identify vocational, educational, social, housing, recreational and health goals, and update member file minimum every six months.
- Maintain supportive, current supportive documentation in members file and update emergency contacts annually. Enter information for PROMIS, ClubHOMS and HMIS data system.
- Use the 3 C’s Principles (Caring, Communication and Competence) to establish trusting effective relationships with Clubhouse members and potential members.
- Trained in the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs, Wellness Recovery, Whole Health Action Management and Supportive Employment IPS Model as indicated in SOW.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Accountability: The Generalist I reports to the Program Manager.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, mental health or human resource field, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with Service Point/HMIS, preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Personal lived experience in mental health or co-occurring disorders is required.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccine required for employment.
Salary: $17.79- $19.00 hourly Full time (40 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com