POSITION TITLE: Financial Services-Program Specialist (Assistant)
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Program Specialist-Lead focus is on bookkeeping activities and other data management related to the processing of program payments, following department procedures. Facilitate timely, accurate and appropriate reconciliation of invoices. Process payments for various programs; maintain up-to-date client files; adhere to confidentiality procedures. Maintain databases; assure that all payments and deposits are made accurately, and as authorized. Communicate with co-workers, external case managers, and Social Security Administration. Learn program requirements and procedures for the “Responsibilities” below, as directed by the Program Specialist-Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow established procedures to reconcile ICM invoices in a timely manner. Communicate promptly with Case Managers to obtain corrections and any other changes. Prepare check requests.
- Process Rep Payee applications; process periodic deposits and payments; communicate with Case Managers when needed.
- Process rental subsidy requests, changes, and payments.
- Maintain databases, both internal and external.
- Maintain payment information and print checks, using QuickBooks.
- Provide account information and reconciled ledgers to case managers.
- Reconcile check-writing program records with database.
- Assure timely reconciliation of checking account statements.
- Provide applications, reports and other documentation to Social Security Administration as needed.
- Cross-train on all eligibility requirements and procedures. Assist with processing applications as needed.
- Protect client information at all times, to assure confidentiality, and in accordance with contract Article 14.
- Participate in maintenance/storage of all paper document files.
- Provide requested reports.
- Run errands to Post Office and bank.
Range of Authority: The Financial Services-Program Specialist (Assistant) reports to the Programs Coordinator.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Experience living in recovery of mental illness or a family member of a person with lived experience, preferred.
- A strong positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, attention to detail, and flexibility in a multi-tasking environment are all a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations plus the ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential and be discrete.
- Willingness to support NAMI San Diego’s Mission and Values.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Ability to type using computer is essential with competency using Microsoft Office programs and QuickBooks.
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting.
- Environment with diverse populations routinely coming in for workshops or training.
- Periodic lifting up to 15 pounds is required.
Part-time – 20 Hours
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com