POSITION TITLE: EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST for Rachel’s Women’s Center
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Employment Specialist is an active member of the Rachael’s Women Center Team and actively assists members in developing employment and vocation skills, as well as collaborating with community partners to place and provide on the job support for Rachel’s Women’s Center participants in transitional or independent employment (part-time and full-time employment).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains and records clubhouse member “career profile” including job preference, work history, education history, strengths, legal history, and other information pertinent to the member’s employment or education goals.
- Within 30 days of engagement an individual who is seeking employment, meets with individual to identify employment and education goals, and updates career profile with member minimum of every six months.
- Maintains a daily log and documents progress of Rachael’s center participants seeking employment.
- Actively promotes an integrated, regional system of care by participating in committees, on inter-agency teams, and by attending meetings related to the field of employment.
- Advocates for Rachael’s center participants as needed to ensure work success.
- Educates Rachael’s center participants about competitive work opportunities, assessing interest/work needs as indicated.
- Offers direct placement of Rachael’s center participants in positions appropriate to skill level and personal needs.
- Provides expertise to the Rachael’s center staff in areas related to work trends, employment models, potential employer profiles, and demographic data as needed.
- Provides job coaching and support for Rachael’s participants to assist in work stability and retention.
- Serves as part of a navigation team, providing assessment of clients’ capacities and updates regarding work status.
- Works Primarily in the Field.
- Will provide vocational reintegration services and supports including but not limited to skill development classes to prepare Rachael’s participants for educational, pre-employment and employment environments.
- Conducts educational and psycho-social groups and one on one coaching.
- Carries a caseload.
Range of Authority: The Employment Specialist reports to the NAMI Director of Community Development.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with SMI adults and co-occurring disorders.
- A clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Microsoft 360, Excel.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish or other threshold language preferred.
- Prefer lived mental health experience for self.
Full-time – 40 Hours
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com