Open position until filled. Open effective on December 13, 2018
Licensed Master’s Level Clinician or Master’s Level Registered Nurse required
This position is responsible for coordinating the growth, sustainability and accountability of the Next Steps department of NAMI San Diego. Recruits, supervises, trains, recognizes and schedules employees and volunteers. Oversees subcontracts and formal linkage agreements with partners. Assures appropriate compliance and integrity of programs. Maintains necessary documentations including outcomes data collection, as required. Responsible for budget and compliance funding requirements. Responsible for 35+ staff who work in hospital setting and in the community.
Next Steps is a 7 day a week, recovery-oriented peer and family support program. We provide outreach and engagement to individuals experiencing mental health, substance misuse or co-occurring challenges and their family members. The program is a partnership of four community organizations with NAMI San Diego as the lead. This integrated care program addresses the physical health, mental health and substance use needs of participants. Staff provides individuals and family members who visit the San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital and its Emergency Unit, and designated community clinics and programs with onsite support and resource information that promotes successful recovery and reintegration into the community. Staff can relate well to program participants because our peer support staff share lived experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all phases of hospital based community program located at the County of San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital. Services are provided in hospital and the community.
- Manage all phases of schedule for program completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Participate on the NAMI San Diego Director Management Team.
- Oversee the supervision, training, and coordination of department employees.
- Oversee subcontracts and formal linkage agreements with partner agencies including coordination of their employees into the program operations.
- Assure appropriate contract compliance and integrity of programs, and maintain necessary documentations to support identified outcome objectives.
- Maintain open communication lines with employees,sub-contractors, and relevant County of San Diego employees and vendors.
- Design and implements employee morale/retention strategies.
- Oversees day-to-day operation of department.
- Apprises NAMI San Diego Chief Operating Officer of program status and needs.
- Participate in workshops, events and training seminars. Attend County meetings as designated by County representative.
- Engage with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Develop community-engaged programs and/or projects.
- Work collaboratively in teams and relate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Qualifications: Valid California license as a master’s level clinician, psychologist or master’s level psychiatric nurse for at least 5 years, REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: In addition to licensure, a minimum of five years experience in key leadership role, preferably in non-profit setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience as a mental health consumer for self or family member strongly preferred. Familiarity with the peer recovery model, a plus.
- Strong positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential.
- Experience overseeing a large employee team.
- Experience supervising individuals with lived experience strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and motivate with strong training skills.
- Excellent planning, organizing, analyzing, problem solving, time management and coordinating skills.
- Flexibility with work hours to include some evenings and occasional weekend days.
- Excellent contract and budget management knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
Apply at: email@example.com. Submit a cover letter and resume to “hiring committee.” Position will remain open until filled.