Position Title: Dignity Krewe Captain at Connection 2 Community Clubhouse
Primary Responsibility/ Function: The Dignity Krewe Captain is the manager for the Dignity Krewe, that focuses on providing access to daily showers for our unhoused neighbors in East Village. The ideal candidate is a response and hardworking individual who takes pride in their work and is willing to be an active participant in our Connections 2 Community Clubhouse team. Krewe Captain will be responsible for all day-to-day functions and management of the shower trailer and Krewe members. Candidate will lead a team of Dignity Krewe Members to set up, facilitate, and break down daily the 40-foot shower trailer. Responsible for the external and internal appearance and sanitation of the 40-foot shower trailer. The ideal candidate will have a sound understand of sanitation, management experience or equivalent expertise. A strong work ethic a keen eye for detail and diligence will be key. Krewe Captain will be cross-trained in all dignity krewe positions so that they can step in if needed. The candidate will also be able to present with professionalism with clients and staff alike.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Krewe and delegate, daily set up tasks, running of the shower trailer, check-in station, and clothing table, and laundry service. Insure that Krewe Members are supported while doing their daily tasks.
- Support participants accessing showers by creating and sustaining a smooth workflow and assisting in directing individuals to the correct stations upon entry.
- Is present and part of the interdisciplinary NAMI San Diego specialist team and is an on-site presence to assist in de-escalation and monitoring of participant activity as needed
- Set up propane tanks and run generator, replace as needed
- Sanitize individual shower units between each use
- Organize and oversee towel service and restocking
- Assist in inventory and order or restock soap dispenser and hygiene kits as needed
- Keep organization of all supplies and shed
- Drain out shower trailer gray water daily
- Report major damages and assist in repairs if needed
- Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- Other duties as assigned
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Program Director at the worksite.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications: Strong de-escalation skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Computer literacy
- Proficient knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents and resilient to cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Class C License Preferred
- Trauma informed, as it is an underserved population that we serve.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccination required for employment.
Salary: $21.00 hourly Full time (32 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com