POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses. NAMI San Diego is the community’s voice on mental illness. Part of the grassroots, nonprofit, national NAMI organization, and also an affiliate of NAMI California, NAM San Diego has a threefold mission:
Support people with mental illness and their families by helping them find coping mechanisms for the daily struggle with brain disorders.
Educate people who have mental illness, their families, and the general public about mental illness with the goal of dispelling ignorance and stigma.
Advocate for more research and an improved system of mental health services across the nation.
Most NAMI San Diego staff have lived experience with serious mental illness, substance use, or a co-occurring disorder, or have a family with lived experience. Staff offers services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: Working closely with Chief Development Officer, Senior Leadership, and the Board of Directors, the Development Coordinator provides superior customer service to NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness in San Diego) donors, prospects, staff, Board, and volunteers to foster achievement of the organization’s monthly, quarterly, and annual contributed revenue goals.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Chief Development Officer and will primarily work from home. Occasionally may be required to work in NAMI San Diego office on Murphy Canyon Road or at special event site as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily recording of check, credit card, and cash donations to NAMI San Diego in appropriate donor database with subsequent printing and mailing of appropriate gift thank you letters, tax receipts, and acknowledgements.
- Accurate routine donor database management, including acting as staff lead for donor record updates, list management, and production of donor history and campaign reports.
- Accurate data selection and export for mailing lists, mail merges, appeal letters, donor recognition, and giving reports.
- Staff lead responsible for managing annual NAMI Walk fundraising special event as per department plan and budget. Includes responsibility for timely and meaningful communication with event committee, sponsors, Team Captains, participants, donors, prospects, and volunteers in order to maximize event revenue as well as oversee logistic requirements including securing venue and needed permits.
- Staff lead responsible for managing annual NAMI San Diego Inspiration Award Dinner as per department plan and budget. Includes responsibility for timely and meaningful communication with event committee, sponsors, participants, donors, prospects, and volunteers in order to maximize event revenue as well as oversee logistic requirements including securing venue and needed permits.
- Effectively collaborate with the Chief Development Officer, Senior Leadership, Board of Directors, and program staff to execute successful annual solicitation plan to maximize revenue to NAMI San Diego.
- Assist with foundation and corporate grant prospect research as well as submission of appropriate grant applications, and follow up grant award tracking, and grant reporting.
- Provide courteous and professional follow up to donor, prospect, Board, and Senior Leadership inquiries regarding donations, fundraising special event activities, and grant opportunities.
- Establish and maintain positive professional relationships with NAMI San Diego donors, prospects, Board, and staff, including assisting in providing information and support to resources as appropriate.
- Develop, manage, and deploy consistent social media marketing content through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Chief Development Officer.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving around office
- Lifting/carrying heavy items
- Pushing/pulling/dragging items
- Standing for long periods
- Using hands/fingers
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work on several projects simultaneously and flexibility to adapt to unexpected circumstances required.
- Ideal candidate demonstrates exceptional attention to detail and superior follow up, along with strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Superior phone, personal, and written communication skills required.
- High School Diploma.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Donor or sales Customer Relationship Management experience a plus.
- Proficiency in social media marketing and donor development preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of high-end customer experience preferred.
- Able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Schedule typically Monday through Friday. May need to occasionally work in the evening or on a weekend.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must be willing and able to drive personal car, have valid California Driver’s License and comprehensive automobile insurance as required by law.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and be willing to sign an authorization to enroll in the Department of Motor Vehicles’ Employee Pull Notice Program. By participating in this program, NAMI San Diego promotes driver safety through monitoring the driving records of its employees who transport clients.
- Added Plus: Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention.
Salary: $22.00/hr Part time (15-19 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com