POSITION TITLE: CYFL Lead Trainer
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The CYFL Lead Trainer is responsible for delivering county wide trainings, meetings, workshops, classes and presentations for children, youth, families, professional/peer professionals involved in the Child Family & Youth Behavioral Health System of Care. Assists with the development and facilitation of Family Support Partner support and shared identity across the Children’s System of Care. This position works as a community educator, motivational trainer and empowerment coach. Directly supervises other CYFL trainers and Family Support Partners. Works in concert with the Program Manager and CYFL Team to develop training activities, outreach strategies and curriculum improvements. Assists in the design and facilitation of in person and on-line workshops, trainings, and activities for Children’s System of Care children, youth, families, professional/peer professionals. Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and team building skills. Must be experienced as a Youth/Family Support Partner and be exceptional at community outreach, public speaking, group management, coaching and volunteer development as well as behavioral health experience required. Lived experience with parenting/caregiving children, youth or TAY youth currently or formerly engaged in services for mental illness or behavioral health concerns is strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, supervise and facilitate both in-person and online trainings, presentations, workshops, and focus groups for children, youth and families, and Service Providers within the Child Family & Youth Behavioral Health System of Care (CYFBHSOC) throughout San Diego County, including participating in planning and implementation of Pathways to Well-Being Trainings.
- Participate in community relations efforts, including but not limited to supporting and assisting the development of community relationships and support of major NAMI San Diego events in order to meet community awareness goals.
- Develop when necessary and maintain necessary documentations, i.e. surveys, sign-ins, feedback, tracking outreach data and assisting with weekly, monthly quarterly reports, mileage, etc.
- Serve as CYFL representative at CYFBHSOC identified meetings and participate in resource fairs.
- Participate in regular supervision, mentoring, team building, support, and reviews.
- Contribute to creating a stigma-free, recovery positive, person-centered, trauma-informed and culturally competent professional presence in the San Diego community at large.
- Other duties as assigned by the CYF Liaison Program Manager.
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego CYFL Program Manager.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- A strong positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential.
- Lived experience with parenting/caregiving a child, youth or TAY youth currently or formerly engaged in services for mental illness or behavioral health concerns is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred (Social Work, Psychology, Community, Education, Advocacy / Activism) or clearly demonstrated equivalent work experience in the field with experience and education in behavioral health, mental health and wellness. Must have experience working with youth.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written, verbal, and non-verbal.
- Experience in facilitation of Child, Family, Youth trainings, BHS and Child Welfare trainings.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate community members and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations plus the ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Advanced technology skills in broad range of digital platforms, software and hardware and trending social media platforms.
- Essential digital flexibility/experience with online curriculum design and implementation.
- Preferred Bi-lingual: Spanish, Arabic, Tagalog, or Vietnamese.
- NAMI San Diego CYF Liaison Team especially seeks individuals who qualify as a Youth/Family Support Partner. A Youth/Family Support Partner as defined by County Behavioral Health Services CYF Liaison Statement of work is an “Individual with [current or past] experience as a consumer, or caregiver to a consumer, of CYF Behavioral Health Services, Child Welfare Services, the Juvenile Justice System, or Special Education…”
- Must pass background check and possess valid CA driver’s license.
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting.
- During Pandemic, working at home is required. Must have ability to host occasional online meetings from home environment.
- Environment with diverse populations routinely attending workshops or trainings.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings – from public to private.
- Occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Community and office setting. Regional travel required.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. Remote workforce may be explored upon hiring.
Salary: $21.15 hourly Full time (40 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org