Primary Responsibilities/Function: We are looking for a responsible, hard-working custodian to keep our building functionally and aesthetically intact. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks, etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with handling basic maintenance repairs.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Available to work after hours.
- Resilient to cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Trauma informed, as it is a underserved population.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org