Employment Status: 20 – 30 Hours per week, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $21.00 hourly plus benefits
Accountability: Community Development Director in absence of CYFL Program Manager
The CYFL Tech/Outreach Specialist for the App Enhancement Program is responsible for connecting with families, schools, and the community through technology and social media. This position also builds community through assisting with county wide trainings, meetings, workshops, classes and presentations for individuals; children, youth, families, professional/peer professionals involved in Behavioral Health Services. This position works as a community educator and motivational trainer by increasing outreach and engagement of all Behavioral Health Services with oscER, oscER Jr and alfrEDU cloud-based apps programs. Works in concert with the Tech/Community Development Specialist and CYFL Program Manager to assist in the facilitation of in person trainings, presentations and activities for Children’s System of Care children, youth, families, professional/peer professionals, and Adult/Older Adult System of Care. Resource Fairs shall be attended monthly to provide families with resources, and training surrounding the Apps. Additionally, creates and sustains a social media presence for NAMI SD’s CYFL related to App Enhancement. Creativity and good understanding of technology, social media, and a general knowledge of or interest in learning mobile app design, development and enhancement needed. Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and team building skills. Lived experience with community outreach, public speaking, and volunteer development as well as behavioral health experience strongly preferred. Bilingual in English and at least one threshold language preferred.
- Assists with conducting presentations, workshops, trainings, classes and focus groups with individuals involved in Behavioral Health Services throughout San Diego County.
- Assists in developing community and professional relationships within Behavioral Health Services, focusing on children and youth ages 0-18, TAY (Transitional Age Youth), adult, and older adult populations.
- Work with communities to provide resources, support and opportunities to give feedback to Behavioral Health Services System of Care.
- Support enhancements to oscER, oscER Jr and alfrEDU apps programs by updating content enhancements and assisting in research and information gathering.
- Assists with school outreach and coordination of school presentations.
- Shall provide a monthly training on the apps to educators, hospitals, school districts, parents associations, club houses, or BHS programs.
- Maintain necessary documentations, i.e. surveys, sign-ins, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, mileage, etc.
- Participate in community relations efforts, including but not limited to supporting and assisting the development community relationships and support of major NAMI San Diego events in order to meet community awareness goals.
- Communicate effectively with community leaders to grow and support programs.
- Participate in regular supervision, mentoring, team building, support, and reviews.
- Proficiency in social media, and multiple digital platforms newsletter, brochure and flyer skills a plus.
- Ability to navigate trends in social media and youth-oriented technology.
- Contribute to creating a stigma-free, recovery positive, person-centered, trauma-informed and culturally competent professional presence in the San Diego community at large.
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities related to app development, as required.
- Administrative duties as identified by CYFL Program Manager.
SPECIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, and COMPETENCY FACTORS
- A strong positive viewpoint towards mental health is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred (Social Work, Psychology, Community, Education, Advocacy) or clearly demonstrated equivalent work experience in the field with experience and education in behavioral health, mental health and wellness. Must have experience with Transitional Age Youth as well as working with youth.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and habits.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and motivate community members and volunteers.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills – both written, verbal, and non-verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations plus the ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential and be discrete.
- Ability to navigate transportation to various sites in the community.
- Ability to present information to public groups.
- Ability to type using computer is essential with competency using Microsoft Office programs.
- Bi-lingual in English and one of the following threshold languages highly desirable: Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, Tagalog, or Vietnamese.
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting. Environment with diverse populations routinely coming in for workshops or training.
- Periodic lifting up to 15 pounds is required.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings – from public to private.
- Occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Community and office setting. Regional travel required.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to jobs@NAMISD.org.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.