Position Title: Peer Support Specialist
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Peer Support Specialist is an active member of the NAMI San Diego Clubhouse Team and assists members in identifying and developing employment, educational, vocational, social, recreational, wellness, and housing goals. The Peer Support Specialist will use their life and recovery experiences to mentor and work side by side with Clubhouse members and potential members. The Peer Support Specialist will provide assistance and guidance to Clubhouse members so members can achieve their highest potential in all life skills. Function as a colleague and role model working in partnership with Clubhouse members and other Team members in all facets of the Clubhouse program. This position will focus on group and member engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently engages and involves members in all aspects of the program, including activity and work day planning.
- Works side by side with members as colleagues.
- Encourages members to assume leadership roles within the program.
- Provides wide range of work opportunities within the Clubhouse using the International Clubhouse standards to members.
- Coaches and supports members with all community living issues, such as negotiating with roommates, neighbors, landlords, housing authorities, and the legal system.
- As advocates for assigned members, Peer Support Specialist will provide case management services and advocacy within the Clubhouse and the community.
- Coach individuals to become advocates for their own care.
- Provides messages of hope and models recovery.
- Coordinates program meetings, ensuring these are held on a regular basis and are engaging to members.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies.
- Records and maintains member profile/goal sheets with members within the first 30 days of enrollment and updates every 6 months or more frequently at member’s request and updates emergency fact sheets annually or as needed.
- Regularly collaborates and coordinates with the Clubhouse’s Team.
- Gains knowledge of entitlement programs, such as SSI, SSDI. Assists and educates members in negotiating all relevant social service systems.
- Expected to augment his/her knowledge and understanding of the International Clubhouse model / philosophy by reading Clubhouse articles, attending Clubhouse trainings, workshops and conferences.
Accountability: The Peer Support reports to the Program Manager.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Completion of Peer Employment Training or related training preferred.
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Microsoft 360, Excel.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish or other threshold language preferred.
- Personal lived experience in mental health of self is required. Additionally, personal lived experience in co-occurring disorders is preferred, but not required.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccine required for employment.
Salary: $19.00 hourly Full time (40 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com