POSITION TITLE: GENERALIST II – Employment Specialist
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: The Generalist II is an active member of the NAMI San Diego Clubhouse Team and actively assists members in developing employment, housing, evening, holiday, and unit responsibilities. The staff will divide time between clubhouse and other major work responsibilities that conflict with the unique nature of member/staff relationships. The Generalist II shall work alongside active members. The Generalist II will provide training and coverage on transitional employment job placements and contribute to job development effort average on transitional employment job placements and contribute to the overall job development effort. The Generalist II shall utilize a Supported Employment Individualized Placement and Support Model (IPS) and have a caseload ratio of 1:20 of active job seekers. Shall collaborate with community partners to place and provide on the job support for clubhouse members in transitional or independent employment (part-time and full time employment).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Within 30 days of enrollment, meets with individual clubhouse members to identify employment and education goals, and updates career profile with member minimum of every six months.
- Maintains and records clubhouse member “career profile” including job preference, work history, education history, strengths, legal history, and other information pertinent to the member’s employment or education goals.
- Maintains a daily log of clubhouse member contacts.
- Actively promotes an integrated, regional system of care by participating in committees, on interagency teams, and by attending meetings related to the field of employment.
- Advocates for clubhouse members as needed to ensure work success.
- Educates clubhouse members about competitive work opportunities, assessing interest/work needs as indicated.
- Offers direct placement clubhouse members in positions appropriate to skill level and personal needs.
- Provides expertise to the team in areas related to work trends, employment models, potential employer profiles, IPS fidelity survey, and demographic data as needed.
- Provides job coaching and support for clubhouse members to assist in work stability and retention.
- Provides assessment of members capacities and updates regarding work status.
- Will provide vocational reintegration services and supports including but not limited to skill development classes to prepare members for educational, pre-employment and employment environments.
- Conducts educational and psychosocial groups and one on one coaching.
- Documents in ClubHOMS, PROMIS and any other documents indicated by COR.
Accountability: The Generalist II reports to the Program Manager.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Experiences, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with SMI adults and co-occurring disorders.
- A clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Microsoft 360, Excel.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish or other threshold language preferred.
- Personal lived mental health experience for self is required.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccine required for employment.
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 hourly Full time (40 hours/week)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com