Administrative Support Associate, PeerLINKS Imperial Valley – TEMPORARY until June 30, 2021
Full Time, Temporary
Primary Responsibilities/Function: Our Administrative Support Associate will be instrumental in supporting the PeerLINKS Imperial Valley team during our start-up phase, which will include developing processes, creating databases and outreach materials, clerical support, purchasing and more! Work will be conducted primarily from home; however, you will also work from our office in El Centro, CA. Work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
PeerLINKS Imperial Valley is one of NAMI San Diego newest programs and began in late 2020. Our team provides an enhanced array of peer assisted support services including case management and care coordination for persons ages 14 and older who reside in the Imperial Valley, are served by San Diego Regional Center, and have a co-occurring mental health or substance use disorder. Our team also conducts extensive outreach. Please note that you may also support the PeerLINKS program in San Diego, remotely, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains databases using MS Excel software and MS Forms.
- Extensive Data Entry and Management.
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective operation of the program office.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the PeerLINKS team.
- Develops and implements clerical procedures in collaboration with NAMI San Diego’s operations and Accounting departments.
- Tracks inventory and updates reports as needed.
- Creates/revises marketing materials, assessment forms, and power point presentations.
- Schedules meetings and maintain meeting minutes; writes correspondence; photocopies, prepares packets, and files paperwork for team; runs errands and other tasks as assigned.
- Ensures office supplies are sufficiently stocked.
- Order/purchase office supplies and other program-related materials (typically, online but may also include in-person purchases.)
- Works with vendors to obtain quotes, invoices and W-9’s.
- Prepares Accounts Payable forms and ensures timely payment of invoices.
- Supports Program Manager with analyzing data and preparing reports, charts, and presentations,
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Pulling/pushing items such as a cart with resource materials.
Required Background and Skills:
- Expert level skill in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Adept at using various technology, including: zoom meetings, internet, email, and databases.
- Experience overseeing/conducting business office functions with excellent planning, organizing, analyzing, problem solving, multi-tasking, time management, and coordinating skills.
- Strong positive viewpoint toward individuals living with developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills in person and on the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior history of reliable work attendance.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile required. DMV Pull of Record is required.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Administrative field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive applied experience utilizing MS Excel spreadsheet software for reporting and tracking data.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Experience working with individuals living with developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals living with behavioral health challenges (mental health or substance use)
- Lived experience: 1) you are living with a behavioral health challenges and/or developmental disability and are grounded in your recovery OR 2) you have a close family member/partner who is living with behavioral health challenges and/or developmental disabilities and you have lived through this experience with them.
Temporary, Full-time: 40 hrs. (Temporary through end of June 30th 2021.)
Hourly Salary: $17.00
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to PeerlinksIV@namisd.org and indicate “Administrative Support Associate” in the subject line.