Position Open: November 5, 2018 until filled
Company Description: NAMI San Diego
NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Program Description: PeerLINKS
The NAMI San Diego PeerLINKS program serves individuals 18 years of age or older, who have a serious mental illness, are in need of resources or support, and have had multiple, recent visits to Psychiatric Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, or Crisis Homes. The goal of the PeerLINKS team is to Link our participants with needed services, while INcreasing their Knowledge and providing Support.
Our team’s approach is to meet our participants where they are in their recovery, as well as in the community; therefore, we meet all participants in the community rather than in the PeerLINKS office.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes several Peer/Family Support Specialists, a Program RN, a Clinician, a Director, and an Administrative Support Associate. Each member plays an essential role and is a valuable member of the team. The Administrative Support Associate reports to the Director of PeerLINKS.
Work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. NAMI San Diego offers many benefits including company-paid health insurance, 12 paid holidays (including your birthday), as well as paid vacation and sick time.
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective operation of program office,
- Creates and maintains databases using Excel or other software,
- Manages and maintains log of program resources with appropriate safeguards,
- Prepares reports on expenditures and use of donor funds, as needed,
- Responsible for data entry and management,
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the PeerLINKS team,
- Provides telephone coverage at front desk,
- Maintains capital inventory in line with County requirements,
- Supports Director in preparing reports, charts, and presentations,
- Supports Director with developing the program’s annual budgets and projecting expenses,
- Develops and implements clerical procedures in collaboration with NAMI San Diego’s operations department,
- Copies and files documents for team staff,
- Order office supplies and other program-related materials,
- Writes correspondence, maintain meeting minutes, run errands and other tasks as assigned.
Required Background and Skills:
- Comfortable using technology, including: tablets, smartphones, internet, email, and databases.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong positive view point toward mental health is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong and customer service skills in person and on the phone.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior history of reliable work attendance.
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Willingness to support NAMI San Diego’s mission and values.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile required. DMV Pull of Record is required.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- Experience overseeing business office functions with excellent planning, organizing, analyzing, problem solving, time management, and coordinating skills, preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Administrative field, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Arabic, is preferred.
- Experience working in a mental health setting, preferred.
- Experience living with mental illness or a family member of a person with lived experience, preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to: PeerLINKS@namisd.org
Please write “Administrative Support Associate” in subject line of email.