POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant-Next Steps Program
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: Next Steps is a partnership of three community organizations, MHS (Mental Health Systems Inc.), NAMI San Diego and UPAC (The Union of Pan Asian Communities) with NAMI San Diego as the lead agency. This integrated care program funded by San Diego County addresses the physical health, mental health and substance use needs of participants along with their needs for food, clothing, shelter, transportation and other social services. Staff provide clients and family members who visit the San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital and its Emergency Unit, and designated community clinics and programs with onsite support and resource information that promotes successful recovery and reentry into the community. The team consists of trained Peer Specialists, Family Member Specialists, Recovery Services (AOD) Counselors, Nurses, Behavioral Health Consultants and Health Navigators most of whom have lived experience with serious mental illness, substance use or a co-occurring disorder or have a family with lived experience. Staff offers services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the program
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective operation of program office
- Function as an Assistant to management, and staff preparing charts, running errands, writing correspondence and other duties as assigned
- Assist with clerical procedures to improve program operations
- Copy documents for program staff
- Create client charts and enrollment packets as needed
- File documents in charts
- Transfer information and documents via facsimile, email or mail
- Provide telephone coverage at the front desk as needed
- Greet and receive program visitors and clients as needed
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- Successfully function as a team member
- Serve as IT Assistant to support IT Director:
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal using in house ticketing system.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to Next Steps incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Next Steps Director.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Experience as an administrative assistant preferably in a behavioral health program/agency
- Prior history of reliable attendance
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service skills in person and on the phone
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computer software (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel), email and web navigation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience living with mental illness, substance use or co-occurring disorder or a family member of a person with lived experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated cultural competency
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides for Dell, HP, Toshiba, Acer, Android, iOS and Mac.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network domains and PC hardware, including Microsoft, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux platforms.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Equipment support experience with PC’s and Mac’s. Experience with remote access software, remote patch management software, ESET security and antivirus
- Must be able to pass Live scan background check.
- Able to be flexible and work weekdays as well as a weekend day when needed
- Clear TB Test
- Added Plus: Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese, Tagalog or other Asian language
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. COVID-19 Vaccine required for employment.
Full time (40 hours/week) Salary Range: $18 – $20 per hour
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org