POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant – NAMI San Diego North Coastal Office
Company Description: NAMI San Diego (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit organization that provides free education, support services, and advocacy to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by mental illnesses.
Primary Responsibilities/Function: Administrative Associate serves as the primary business administrator for the NAMI San Diego North Coastal Office. This includes appropriate and timely maintenance and production of files, records, office equipment, and the day to day operation. The Administrative Associate is the primary point of contract for the NAMI San Diego programs in the North Coastal region and is the point of contact for volunteers in the region. This is a hybrid remote and in-office position and is located in NAMI San Diego’s North Coastal Office, an outstation of NAMI San Diego.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective operation of program office and is the primary contact for the office lease/landlord,
- Maintains offices services by organizing office operations including maintenance, mailings, ordering of supplies, inventory maintenance, locking and unlocking of office each day of operation and bill processing,
- Assist Department Director or designee with scheduling of region meetings such as Education & Advocacy and resource fairs,
- Act as point of contact for resource fairs and Education and Advocacy community meetings in the region and in coordination with NAMI San Diego’s resource fair coordinator,
- Assist Educational Department staff with coordination of NAMI Signature Programs including Family to Family and Peer to Peer courses by developing marketing plan, implementing marketing plan, maintaining enrollment procedures and preparing class material packets,
- Responsible to recruitment and all phases of volunteer management for region volunteers,
- Provide support to volunteer efforts related to annual plant sale and other events as assigned,
- Develop and implement clerical procedures in collaboration with NAMI San Diego’s operations department including reporting out of data, submission of newsletter articles and maintenance of website information,
- Copy and file documents for team staff/volunteers,
- Provide telephone coverage and provide resources to peers, family members and professionals, as needed,
- Manage program resources with appropriate safeguards,
- Prepare reports on expenditures, as needed,
- Coordinates and supports identified “In Our Own Voice” paid presenters with communications to NAMI San Diego “In Our Own Voice” manager,
- Write correspondence and emails, run errands and other tasks as assigned.
Accountability: Reports to NAMI San Diego Outreach Programs Manager.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Minimum Requirements, including linguistic and cultural skills, education, experiences, licenses and certifications:
- Comfortable using technology, including: tablets, smartphones, internet, email, and databases.
- Excellent level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and MS Office.
- Strong positive viewpoint toward mental health is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service skills in person and on the phone.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior history of reliable work attendance.
- Willingness to support NAMI San Diego’s mission and values.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile required. DMV Pull of Record is required.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Administrative field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Arabic, is preferred.
- Experience overseeing business office functions with excellent planning, organizing, analyzing, problem solving, time management, and coordinating skills, preferred.
- Experience working in a mental health setting, preferred.
- Experience living with mental illness or a family member of a person with lived experience, preferred.
- Background DMV and Live Scan clearance required.
COVID Protocols and Work Environment. As an essential worker providing both telehealth and in-person services, successful candidate will follow CDC guidelines, state guidelines and local mandates for COVID 19 prevention. This is a hybrid position.
Salary: $15.50 hourly Part time (20 hours/week) M-Thur, 8:30am – 1:30pm
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org