The Accountant is an integral member of the Accounting team, who performs specialized, technically advanced accounting, budgetary work and other financially related tasks to support the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department. Additionally, this position provides support and timely, accurate financial information to the accounting team, staff and CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CFO with the accounting operations to include day-to-day, monthly, quarterly and annual processing, reporting and staff support needs.
- Review accounts payable transactions to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitor and reconcile revenue, receivables and cash receipts with non-integrated systems.
- Reconcile bank accounts, and monitor available funds balances and restricted funds.
- Prepare functional and benefit cost allocations, monthly accruals, prepaids, journal entries.
- Perform month end close duties to include: general ledger account review, analysis, account reconciliations, balance sheet review/reconciliations and assist with financial statements preparation.
- Prepare ongoing and special finance-accounting reports, summaries, financial and statistical reports, variance analysis related to budget, grants and departmental programs.
- Coordinate and manage annual budget and annual audit preparation.
- Cross train for payroll to execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll system – reconcile variances prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Solves problems and recommends changes in procedures in accordance with previous training and experience to enhance efficiencies and internal controls.
- Back-up/alternate support for accounts payable when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required by the organization and CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field required.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in accounting. Nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, accrual accounting, audit preparation, fixed asset accounting, budget preparation, and current accounting best practices experience.
- Possess broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Initiative, effective problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills and software experience with QuickBooks Online, MIP systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and other applicable software applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, sit for extended periods of time, climb stairs, and operate office equipment and computers with ease.
- Possesses competencies in accounting, budget, audit and payroll technical knowledge.
- Enjoys building and maintaining collaborative relationships with staff.
- Successfully able to lead self and others through a process and adhere to timelines.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter and independent but works collaboratively.
- Maintain high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethical standards – assumes personal responsibility for scope of position.
- Recognition of the importance of documentation; proven ability to maintain accurate records
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and written communication.
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings, early mornings or weekends as needed.
- Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com